Thursday, March 23, 2017

An Inner Quiet

Feeling quiet (in a good way) these days. Something has shifted within me, and when that happens sometimes I just want to taste it, savour it, feel the spaciousness of a deeper level of freedom from old worries and certainties. I know, dissolving old certainties doesn't sound like a fun, but the truth is it is often our certainties (particularly the ones on the edges of consciousness) that rob us of joy and shackle us to ways of being that have very little to do with who we really are. So I am being quiet, enjoying the shift, letting myself open to the joy of spring- both inner and outer. ~Oriah "Mountain Dreamer" House

In this quiet I imagine my inner landscape looking a lot like this spectacular photo of stillness at dawn from Karen Davis at Open Door Dreaming


3 comments:

  1. I share your sentiments, Oriah. I can feel a shift, too, and it's not just in the new season. It's nice to breathe in the fresh and exhale the old and stale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me as well ... many thanks for your insight and support.
    May the quiet, stillness find a home within you.
    ~Sandra

    ReplyDelete